Epic Link is blank when populating from Story/Bug view

Myles.Hattabaugh April 30, 2021

Hello,

This started happening today. When we create a story/bug and we try to add the epic via the epic link field, it will:

1) Not find the epic when typing in the name
2) When we type in the epic ID - it will find it - but will not have the name and when you select it, its just  a small bar. (image below) It should have the Epic Name April 2021 Base Enhancements. 

When Searching:
epiclink.PNG

When selected: 

epiclink2.PNG
The epic does link, but its very confusing and not helpful when the epic link field is blank. 

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 answer

2 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2021

Hi @Myles.Hattabaugh,

It seems that the Epic Name field is either not filled out for your epics or for some reason not or no longer visible.

Regarding the first issue: unlike any other issue type in Jira, Epics both have a long and a short title: the summary, which is the regular issue title. And on top of that the Epic name, a short description which is displayed in a coloured lozenge on linked issues, in boards, and also in the place you are no longer seeing it. So first of all check out your Epics and make sure Epic name is filled out.

If that's not it, I would assume a configuration change may be hiding the field somehow. But as that is locked, I'm not sure how. So I kinda hope the first tip is a good one right away 😉!

Hope this helps! 

Myles.Hattabaugh May 3, 2021

Thank you so much! This was it! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders