Enable subtask

Yen Tran June 8, 2021

Hello, I am looking for some ways to enable sub-task for my project. Followed by instruction in Jira, I created a sub-task in Project settings/ Issue types but it does not work. Do I need to enable it in somewhere?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2021

Hi Yen - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Be sure that the new issue type you created is included in the Issue Type Scheme that the project is using. It will not show up if it is not in the Issue Type Scheme.

Go to Settings > Issues > Issue Type Schemes

Yen Tran June 13, 2021

Thank you @John Funk 

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2021

Hi @Yen Tran 

Are the subtasks included in the Issue types scheme?

To do this you must go to "project settings" of the project in which you want to include the subtasks and in the Issue types scheme select "actions" --> "edit Issue types"

Issue type Schemes.PNG

From the available Issue types, select the subtasks and include them in the "Issue types for current Scheme"

Include Issue type to a Scheme.PNG

Note that the Issue type Subtask will be included in all the projects that share this Issue type scheme.

I hope it will help you

Yen Tran June 13, 2021

Hi @Paloma Fondon Araujo ,

Thanks for your help. It's really helpful to me.

Like Paloma Fondon Araujo likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events