Editing workflows in team-managed project | Applying changes on sub-set of issue types prohibited?

Gerrit Abel July 12, 2021

workflow-edit.png

Basically, within a team-managed project, I want tasks and sub-tasks to follow other workflows than story and epic.

While editing the workflows themselves is not a problem, at the step above on when I'm ask for which of these issues types I want to copy / apply my changes to, I'm unable to (de)select any of them - hence, I would either apply my change to all or none of the listed issue types, which... yeah, isn't my intention.

Within a mouseover on the listed issue types above, the cursor changes to a prohib sign preventing input as described beforehand. Can't find any restrictions on my user within the project. Current JIRA cloud version is used, experienced within chrome & firefox browser in their current version.

Am I possibly missing another local restriction or is an issue type-wise definition on workflows currently just disabled?

Thanks in advance. 

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2021

Hi Gerrit,

This is not available yet for Team-managed projects. You can use a separate workflow for Epics from other types but that’s it right now. They are working on providing multiple workflows based on the issue types though. Hopefully soon.

Gerrit Abel July 12, 2021

Aight, thx for checking in.

Like John Funk likes this
2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2021

Currently in TMP there are only two possible workflows. One for Epics and one for all other issue types. In fact the one specific for Epics was just recently added. I suspect that we will see workflows per issuetype coming in the future.

Christine Na July 14, 2021

Is the Epic workflow available for everyone? As of now, I'm still only able to edit one workflow for all issue types (epic included).

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 14, 2021

Hi Christine,

Well that's a really good question. When I first read this I was wondering if it was slowly being rolled out and that may be the case. I tried to use this article to see if I could create a separate workflow for my epic and was unsuccessful. When I got to step five in the article there were no Drop down.

Rather I was presented wit the following scree and I could not deselect any of them. What I find interesting here is the first sentence would seem to imply that the workflow changes well apply to all four issue types. The next sentence tells you to select the issue type you want to copy the workflow to. Maybe it's just me but this seems very confusing. In any event I ultimately could not select only the epic to apply the changes. I'm going to reach out to Atlassian colleagues to see if I can get a firm answer on this. I will report back here once I get something.

2021-07-14_16-22-48.jpg

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 14, 2021

@Christine Na ,

confirmed with others that it is still rolling out. So check back with your projects soon.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events