Duplicate issues statuses appearing in a multi project report

Jason Boyle March 28, 2024

Hello,

I am experiencing an issue where I am trying to gather the statuses of all project work into a single two-dimensional report but Jira is displaying multiple similar statuses separately.  Why is that?

An example, in some projects, the "Done" work will appear in one column, then in another project, the "Done" work appears in a different column.  How can i combine these 2?

1 answer

2 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2024

Hi @Jason Boyle -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

How are you generating this report?  For example, with an JQL issue search?

And...are any of your teams using team-managed projects (TMP)?  If so, that could explain this symptom as each project has its own instance of the Status values, even when they have the same display names.  This impact is highly visible on things like dashboards which group issues by Status.

Kind regards,
Bill

Hi @Bill Sheboy - thank you for the welcoming.

To answer you:

1. Yes, the two-dimensional report is driven by a JQL filter

2. Yes, there is a mix of team-managed and company-managed projects.  Is that the main reason for this?  If so, is there a way around that as it is not very intuitive, easy or nice.  

If I want to report on all issues that are Done, i don't want 4 different states of the same "Done" status.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2024

Yup, that is the cause.  Here is an example suggestion / defect for that symptom: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-72282

The work-around of creating separate reporting for CMP and TMP is likely of no help for your scenario.

I recall community posts about using marketplace addon gadgets which group on the value status name, rather than status id.  Some addons are listed in the comments for the suggestion, and I recommend doing your own search / testing if you want to go that route: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/

The other work-arounds are to report outside of Jira to merge the results...or the brute force one (which I would not recommend):

• create a single-select option field to replicate allowed status values
  • add that field to relevant projects
  • use automation rules to keep the field up to date
  • use that field in dashboard reporting

Thank you for this @Bill Sheboy - this was very helpful!

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events