Doing automatic backup on cloud

Florian PEREZ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2023

Hello All ! 

I'm trying to automate backup for Jira and Confluence cloud instances. 

I see that there's some possibility referenced in the following articles : 

Automate online site-backups for Jira and Confluen... - Atlassian Community

atlassianlabs / automatic-cloud-backup — Bitbucket

I try to reproduce the automation behaviours but the article is old and the endpoint

/rest/backup/1/export/runbackup 

is not working on my side.  

Do you have any solution to automatically backup Jira Cloud and Confluence Cloud ? 

Ive also try the plugins:

Admin Kit for Jira Cloud | Atlassian Marketplace

Admin Kit for Confluence Cloud | Atlassian Marketplace

But I got errors on init for both...

PS: I do know about Rewind and Revyz app but I want a free solution instead. :) 

I hope you can help me to find a solution ! 

Florian 

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Florian PEREZ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2023

My bad I am a dummy, I used base URL + /jira 

It should be just base url. 

It work on automation on Jira. 

Many thank for the help !  

Vish Reddy _Revyz_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2023

:-) Glad that worked out!

You may also want to test out Restore next. Again If you data set is small restore should be pretty simple. Of course when you restore it is all or nothing i.e. you go back to what existed in the backup file.

I would suggest doing a restore in a separate cloud site, that way you don't have to over write your existing site.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vish Reddy _Revyz_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2023

Hi @Florian PEREZ 

The scripts you are referencing used to work, It has been a while since I revisited that script, let me check to see what the issue is. In my experience, a lot depends on the size of your backup file, if it is a small file, then you are good.

Thanks

Vish

Florian PEREZ
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 21, 2023

I do have a pretty small Jira instance 

0 votes
Daria Kulikova_GitProtect_io_ March 23, 2023

Hi @Florian PEREZ ,

I represent the GitProtect Jira Backup app (Confluence coming soon!). Our backup solution can make the backup process automated, data accessible and recoverable.

You can find us on  Atlassian Marketplace and try GitProtect for free or sign up for a free account for up to 10 Jira users: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1228719/gitprotect-io-backups-for-jira-cloud?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events