Development field not showing up in new Jira issue view

Michael Hagar July 6, 2020

For a Jira issue there is a "Development" section. We can normally see PRs from Github that have been named with the id of the Jira issue. However, as of this morning I cannot see the linked PRs from Jira anymore. It used to work in the new UI, but it does not now. It still works in the old UI.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2020

Hello @Michael Hagar

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Per your description, I believe you might be facing the bug reported below, where both the development and release panels are not displayed if added to the "Secondary fields" section:

Development Panel becomes Hidden on the New Issue View 

Please, vote and watch the bug to increase its priority and also receive notifications about its fix implementation.

To avoid this bug while we work to get it fixed, follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to your project > Project Settings > Issue layout
  2. Drag both the "Development" and "Releases Panel" from the "Secondary Fields" section to the "Primary Fields" section

Or

1. Navigate to your project > Project Settings > Issue layout
  2. Add at least 1 System fields to the "Secondary Fields" section such as e.g. "Sprint".
    P.S: Other system fields such as "Priority" won't work as this is still clearly visible in the "Primary fields" section.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Valerie Hurwitz January 12, 2021

Hello,

I am having a similar problem, but the workaround doesn't make sense within my system.

Here's the scenario:

1. I am connecting a new project between Jira and Bitbucket.
  2. I can see the Jira issue from the Bitbucket commit, so I know the project is connecting properly.
  3. I do not have a "Primary Fields" and "Secondary Fields" section in my issue layout, just "Description", "Context", and "Hide When Empty" sections. I've tried moving the Development widget to different sections, which hasn't worked.
  4. If I switch to the old Jira issue view, I can see the Development widget.
  5. A few weeks ago I newly connected another Jira project and Bitbucket repository and did not have this problem.

Is there a workaround I can use?

Thanks,
Valerie

Like # people like this
Evgeniy Sabilin May 29, 2022

@Petter Gonçalves I'm having the same issue like @Valerie Hurwitz 

Can you please respond? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD