Description Field in priority of an issue

Jean-Samuel Girard December 13, 2022

Within Jira settings I created the possible priorities of an issue.

Screenshot 2022-12-13 144346.png

I'd like to be able to see the color code and description of the priority when I'm in the backlog.

I couldn't find anywhere where those are displayed and I'm thinking they may be useless right now.

The name and icon are displayed properly, but when we create issues we don't see the color code and description.

Screenshot 2022-12-13 145015.png

Do I have to change a setting to see the description ?

If it's not visible in the backlog, where is it visible ?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The priority display in the backlog is just the icon, to try to save space in there for other data.

Jean-Samuel Girard December 15, 2022

Is there anywhere I can see the description ?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2022

When you are creating a new issue there is a "Learn More" link under the Priority field. If you click that it will show the descriptions for the Priority values.

Screen Shot 2022-12-15 at 9.11.49 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-12-15 at 9.12.09 AM.png

Jean-Samuel Girard December 15, 2022

Thanks, I rarely create issues this way so I never noticed it.

I wish there was a better way to see this in already created issues, but I'll have to do with that.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events