Delete schemes and workflow used by a deleted project

masha June 2, 2020

I deleted an unused project but I cannot delete its artifacts

1. Issue type screen scheme says it is shared by 1 project — which is the one that I have deleted
  2. No delete button for Screens and Screen schemes left from this project
  3. Can't delete Statuses left from that board because they are used in a deleted board's workflow
  4. Workflow scheme is active (and I can't delete it), although the project field is empty

How can I delete all these?

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2020

Hi @masha 

The deletion of artefacts works down from the highest level of scheme - so you can't delete the screen schemes until you delete the issue type screen scheme first.

Likewise, you won't be able to delete statuses until you delete both the workflow scheme and the workflows.

The workflow scheme and issue type screen scheme should show what project is using these schemes in the next column along - what project is mentioned? If there's a project name there with a hyperlink and you can click into it - it has not been deleted.

If something else is happening here though, could you provide a screenshot? :)

Ste

masha June 2, 2020

Hi @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ 

✅Deleted Issue scheme that belonged to that project. No issues are associated with the deleted project

Workflow scheme is Active, so I can't delete it. You can see in the screenshot that the Project is empty. Both of these schemes belonged to deleted projects
Screenshot 2020-06-02 15.49.24.png

❌Can't delete Issue type screen because it is shared with a deleted project. Project IDEA is deleted

Screenshot 2020-06-02 15.53.24.png

When I click of the project link I get an error

Screenshot 2020-06-02 15.55.06.png

Like wobl67prien likes this
Tamara Lively July 10, 2020

I am currently having the same issue.  There is plenty of information out there suggesting maintaining my JIRA instance by cleaning out unused schemes but doesn't walk you through step by step how to accomplish this.  I have been through the same steps as Masha and I am getting the exact same results.  

Deleted user January 4, 2021

I'm having the same issue. Deleted a test project, but now can't delete the unused schemes, workflow, statuses, etc that were associated with that project! Screenshot 2021-01-04 120331.png

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2021

Hi @[deleted] 

I would suggest contacting https://support.atlassian.com/ for assistance with this issue

Ste

Like Deleted user likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events