Date Time Picker only - time segment only supports 30 min gaps

Paul Alexander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2022

Why does the Date Time Picker custom field (specifically the time segment) only support picking from the list of choices at 30 minute intervals? Attempting to overwrite the date by supplying (8:50 AM), for example, is not accepted? In other words, the control forces the user to pick a time like 8:30 AM, 9:00 AM, 9:30 AM, etc. Why can't I enter 8:50 AM and get it to stick? There is the only date/time picker field type available.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2022

Hi Paul,

You probably want to vote for and follow this request:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-75629

Paul Alexander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2022

Muddling around, I discovered that overtyping a value in the time control to this format (8:50AM) (no space) and hitting Enter will stick the value. That's better than nothing I guess. Thanks, John.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2022

Cool - that's very good to know!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events