Custom Link field

Mahesh Yadav August 19, 2022

Hi All,

Please help to create a custom link field of the story summary should be in the task creation screen.

Example: Below screenshot story created in detail and the summary name is Story test 2. This has to be auto-populated on the task creation page by adding a custom field.

Story.JPG 

Screenshot of Task creation screen

Task.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2022

Hi Mahesh,

If I understand you correctly, you want to populate a field on the create screen based on the value of another field during the create process. Correct? If so, that cannot be done right now with Jira Cloud. You would need something like ScriptRunner Behaviours, but I am not sure that it could do that, and it's still in Beta. 

Mahesh Yadav August 22, 2022

Thank you for the replay John Funk. 

I have created Story and I want to link that story information in task creation screen. Hope you understood. Similar like Epic link in the custom field. 

Thanks
Yadav

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2022

You cannot have the linked issue already displayed on the Create screen - that functionality does not currently exist. 

Mahesh Yadav November 15, 2022

Yes, Thank you @John Funk 

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders