Custom Field Format in create issue screen

Daniele Gianetti December 1, 2021

Hello,

I have created a custom field so that when raising an issue you would fill the data into a table: I believe I have the correct settings as per my screenshot, however in the create issue phase, either the table is shown as in the screenshot OR, if user clicks on the on blue markup button, the table becomes read-only.

Only way is that user first create the issue and then fill-in the table, which is not desirable flow. Any suggestions? What I would wish to get is that user views an editable table in the creation phase.

Thanks,

Daniele

Configure Custom Field.png

This is the field configuration with "Wiki Style Renderer" activated:

Field Configuration.png

This is how the field appear when creating a new issue:

Create Issue Action.png

And this is how it looks once the issue is created: the table can be edited in the "nice" table format

Created Issue.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Magdalena Zhisheva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2021

Hi @Daniele Gianetti , 

Once the issue is in the create screen you can use the blue button to see how it will looks life after the creation

Screenshot 2021-12-01 at 15.46.20.png

However, it's just for review. 

If you need to edit it, then you have to fill up the information in the format, which is set as default value:

Screenshot 2021-12-01 at 15.49.19.png

I hope this will be useful for you!

Best regards, 

Magdalena Zhisheva

Daniele Gianetti December 1, 2021

Thank you @Magdalena Zhisheva , if I understood correctly, my wish cannot be fulfilled as the editing in the "create" phase can only happen using the raw data, not formatted, which is not so handy for requestors, especially if many lines must be added.

OK, I'll live with that :-) Thank you again!

Daniele

Magdalena Zhisheva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2021

@Daniele Gianetti I was also searching for similar solution and my results are the ones, mentioned above :) 

Wish you all the best!

Magdalena

Suggest an answer