Creating issues inside an Epic - not linked?

Keith Jones
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2021

I feel like I'm missing something very basic here:

We haven't used Epics in our environment until now, so I've just enabled them (screens, layouts, etc.) When I go into a recently created Epic issue, I have the button to "Create Issue in Epic". 

However, doing so will create the issue, but does not automatically link it to the Epic. I can go into the issue and select the Epic Link and then it will show up in the Epic, but I would expect that to take place as part of creating the issue from inside the Epic. 

Am I missing something in my configuration? 

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Keith Jones
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2021

Resolution: The Epic Link field must be in the Create Issue screen for it to be populated with the Epic Name when creating an issue from the button "Create Issue in Epic" on the Epic issue.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2021

Are you working with CMP or TMP projects? Can you share a screenshot of where you are creating issue in epic?

Keith Jones
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2021

This is a company-managed project - I figured out the issue (Posting it here for any others in the same boat).

Resolution: The Epic Link field must be in the Create Issue screen for it to be populated with the Epic Name when creating an issue from the button "Create Issue in Epic" on the Epic issue.

Capture.JPG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2021

Yes indeed….thanks for posting your finding.

Suggest an answer