Creating a new board to consolidate multiple projects into one Board

Spenser Kirishian May 5, 2021

I have written a quick JQL script to consolidate multiple projects into one and saved as a filter. 

I then clicked Save As and named it Master board. 

After that I went to "Your Work," switched to the "Boards" tab, then clicked on "View all Boards". 

From here I want to create a Kanban board from my saved issue filter named "Master Board". 

Capture.PNG

When I get to the above, my saved filter is not available as a selection for my new board I want to create. 

I am missing something here, anyone have any idea on which steps I missed in order to see my saved filter show here to create a new board based off my saved filter????

Please help! Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2021

Hello @Spenser Kirishian 

Welcome to the community.

Did you only pull down the list and look at what was displayed to find your filter? The initial list presented will not be a complete list of all filters. Try typing in the name of your filter ... "master" ... and see if it find the filter that way.

Yep that was my mistake!!! Thanks for the help, i didn't realize that menu was a dynamic search when a user types there. We are good!

0 votes
Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2021

Hi @Spenser Kirishian ,

Good day. Welcome to Atlassian Community.

Can you check if you have set the right permission for the filter? reference : 

Manage shared filters

- Sri Kumar

Hi Sri. 

THe permission on the filter was originally set to private, I just changed the permission to "My organization" to see if that would help. However I still don't see the saved filter as an option to select. 

Is there a different permission I need to set this to? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events