Creating a new Automation

Clark Everson June 19, 2020

Trying to setup an automation that when a sprint is started the Start Date field sets to the date the sprint is started change the start date to today (current sprint start date) and make the end date for all issues in the sprint 10 business days out but i keep getting errorsScreen Shot 2020-06-19 at 4.30.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-19 at 4.29.15 PM.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2020

Hi @Clark Everson 

Looking at your rules, the actions are listed after the branch, not inside it.  Note the plus sign to add a component to the branch under its tree.  Try to re-add your components (the edits) and then delete the ones after the branch.

Best regards,

Bill

Hi @Bill Sheboy ,

So I got rid of the errors, but the dates aren't setting. Unsure why.

Regards,

Clark

images didnt attachScreen Shot 2020-06-19 at 5.04.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-19 at 5.05.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-19 at 5.05.40 PM.png

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2020

Thanks for the updated images.

Your rules say to only update the Start Date when it wasn't empty.  Same for Due Date.

Is that what you want to do: only replace the dates, not set them when empty?

yeah you're right i switched the JQL. Good old Friday

Also, when i set business days 10 does that include today? or no...if not and i wanted to do a sprint monday to following Friday I would need to change that to 9

in regards to the {{now}} is there a way to make the equal to the set sprint start date?

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 19, 2020

Yup; 

{{sprint.startDate}}

Look here for more info on the available smart value attributes:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/smart-values-general/

If this ended up helping you, please mark this thread as answered so others can find it too.  Thanks!

0 votes
All you need November 24, 2020

I don't know

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders