Create a classic project based on a "template project" in this Jira New Version

Daniel Rios April 28, 2021

Hi

We've been creating classic projects based on a "model project" with customized incidence types and flows for years, and today using the "create new project" option I only can see the screen for selelection between a lot of prefab templates.

Some one knows where can I find the old option of creating a new classic project and select a previous project as a template?

Thanks in advance.

Daniel.

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2021

Hi @Daniel Rios As soon as you click 'Use this template' for any of the templates, you will see the screen you usually see where you enter the project name, key, and whether or not you would like to share settings with an existing project.

The main change with this new view is that there's more emphasis on selecting a template, but the old functionality is still there

Perfect! Thank you very much for the advice.

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2021

Hi Daniel,

Click on the Jira Software option under Products on the lower left side. 

Hi John,

Maybe I'm missing to do somethig, because when selecting the Jira Software option I can see only the same screen with 3 options (kanban, scrum and incidence management) I mean, I can´t find de "classic project" option that we used until recently.

I hope it's something I'm not seeing and you can give me some advice.

Thank you!!!

image.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2021

Choose Kanban or Scrum and then you will see Team-managed or Company-managed project options.

Classic Software projects are now called Company-managed projects.

Thank you very much John. I got it :)

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Kathy Hart
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 13, 2021

They have added another layer of complexity. Now you have to select between company managed and team managed as well before you get to tell them that you don't want any of that, you just want to copy an existing project. 

With the new change to Create Project, you have to do this:

1. Projects > Create Project

2. Pick any template.

3. Click "Use template"

4. Click "Select a company managed project"

5. Select "Share settings with an existing project"

6. Select the project you want to base it on.

To move the Share Settings option back to step 2, please vote on this suggestion for Atlassian. 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-77209?jql=text%20~%20%22existing%22%20ORDER%20BY%20updated%20desc

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events