Comments not showing

Amber Stokes December 20, 2018

When I open the ticket from the the Scrum board today I was surprised to see no comments showing, I wonder what changed?

Others did not have this issue so perhaps I changed a setting unknowingly?

If I open the ticket fully in a new window it shows the full comments as expected but the pop up window version from the Scrum board is showing less than needed to run a meeting effectively.

3 answers

0 votes
Girish Gupta August 26, 2021

Hi All,

In Jira cloud, The comments tab under the Activity Section is no longer available for one of the projects. And this has happened to all the users including the administrator.

I checked the permission for "Add Comment" and this is not an issue.

Unable to figure out what else can be a problem. Please see the screenshot below. Can anyone help:

image.png 

0 votes
Ayushya Chitransh April 30, 2019

Click on the "Activity" button.

That button toggles the display of comments.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2018

@Amber Stokes, I'm a bit confused by your question. You have posted under Jira Service Desk yet you mention scrum boards. Maybe you meant to post under Jira Software? I'm also not sure what I am looking at in the screenshot you provided. What screen is that from? 

Jira Software (cloud) not Jira Service Desk, my mistake.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2018

is this an open (public) service desk, i.e. do you wish me to join your instance? Keep in mind this is a public forum so anyone that happens across this thread could do so. If that is not your intention then we should edit this thread and remove your links.

Ok, I removed the links. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2018

:-) ok so now back to your issue. can you do a screen shot where you would expect to see comments? It may be that you are seeing the new Jira issue view and you have Jira Labs enabled (click on you avatar bottom left and settings and see if it is selected). Or it may be something else.

Now comments are now showing as expected! Very weird but I'm happy it's back to a workable format for running Scrums. Thank you for mentioning Jira Labs...

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2018

you are most welcome Amber. 

Suggest an answer