Cloning an issue is not copying comments

vinod palan May 4, 2023

Hi All,

I am trying to Clone a issue with comments but comments are not comming over can you please point on how this can be acchived.

Vinod

3 answers

0 votes
Luka Hummel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 15, 2023

Hi @vinod palan

I would also like to offer you a 'late' welcome to the community!

As the others already have said the native Jira clone function doesn't clone comments and other values. If you need a more powerful clone function our Deep Clone for Jira app can clone comments and a lot more.

The app is free for up to 10 users and otherwise, you can try it for 30 days.

0 votes
Thibaut Subra _Elements_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2023

Hello @vinod palan 

As Trudy said, the clone feature does not clone comments but if you want to do it easily, you can try our Copy & Sync application. It allows you to copy and synchronize issues with their comments (but also fields, attachments, etc.) so both sides are always up to date.

If you have more specific needs, our app is doing much more so I suggest you to take a look for free and let me know if you have any question!

I hope it will help.

Regards

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2023

Hello @vinod palan 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

The Clone feature does not clone comments. This page provides a bit of information about what is copied during the Clone.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/clone-an-issue/

If you want to also clone comments, that might be able to be done through an Automation Rule.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events