Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Choosing date for logging work.

While logging work for a story, I am unable to choose the date. By default it takes the day of logging.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi!

In server version there is a calendar icon next to the box with the current date. Just click on that icon and it will show you a calendar to choose the date. 

In the cloud version you will have to set the spent time first and then you will see a field labeled "date started", if you click on the field with the current day it will show you a calendar to choose the date.

I hope it helps

When I click on log work, I don't see any icon to choose the date.Below is the screenshot.

Screenshot from 2019-10-31 12-43-18.png

You are right, but have a look at what @Krister Broman _Advania_ says, you have set the time spent and the system will show an input field labeled "Date Started". It is filled by default with the current date, but if you click on it, it will show up a calendar to select the date

It worked. Thanks.

1 vote
Answer accepted

You are working in cloud, when you put a value in time spent, it should expand to show the date as well as time when started and a comment. 

cloud time tracking.JPG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

How to create Jira issus from Excel file?

When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...

4,528 views 22 32
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you