Changing Project Key

Matthew May 23, 2022

I've recently changed a project key, and I understand it takes a while to re-index.

Everything is working absolutely fine, and I made the change 10 days ago. However I can still see traces of the old project key in the Roadmap, Backlog & Active Sprint breadcrumbs.

Also, when selecting a sprint for a story the options still show the old key for the board that the sprint is in.

Is this expected or will the re-index eventually catch all instances of the project key?

Many thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2022

Hi @Matthew , that is strange indeed as it shouldn't take that long.

Have you tried clearing your browser cache?

Matthew May 23, 2022

Yes I have quite a few times, its weird huh?

It appears to just be the Board name that hasn't updated. The Project Key should be CIP, and all the epics & stories have updated fine. But wherever it references the board it uses the old Key which was ATH.

Do I need to change the Board Key somewhere else?

Thanks for your reply.

Matthew May 23, 2022

I've literally just answered my own question, you can change the name of the board in board settings.

Thanks.

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2022

Yes, board names is another thing. Glad you found the reason.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events