Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Changing Project Key

I've recently changed a project key, and I understand it takes a while to re-index.

Everything is working absolutely fine, and I made the change 10 days ago. However I can still see traces of the old project key in the Roadmap, Backlog & Active Sprint breadcrumbs.

Also, when selecting a sprint for a story the options still show the old key for the board that the sprint is in.

Is this expected or will the re-index eventually catch all instances of the project key?

Many thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Mathijs Community Leader May 23, 2022

Hi @Matthew , that is strange indeed as it shouldn't take that long.

Have you tried clearing your browser cache?

Yes I have quite a few times, its weird huh?

It appears to just be the Board name that hasn't updated. The Project Key should be CIP, and all the epics & stories have updated fine. But wherever it references the board it uses the old Key which was ATH.

Do I need to change the Board Key somewhere else?

Thanks for your reply.

I've literally just answered my own question, you can change the name of the board in board settings.

Thanks.

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs Community Leader May 23, 2022

Yes, board names is another thing. Glad you found the reason.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,813 views 37 48
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you