Cannot transition the status of issue

Tien Nguyen January 7, 2022

I cannot transition the status of the issue.

I set the validator for the transition that the fields need value during transition, and the field really got the value. Why can't I transition it?

Screenshot 2022-01-07 154351.png

This is the validator

Screenshot 2022-01-07 162635.png

Screenshot 2022-01-07 162526.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2022

Hello @Tien Nguyen ,

The validator is on the 2 fields "Solution Design Estimate" and "Solution Overview Estimate". The screen dump only shows "Solution Overview Estimate" that it is filled. Is "Solution Design Estimate" Filled?

Regards, Marco

I think your question make me think a lot. Maybe the validator applies for the whole project, but in this case I just need one of two fields has the value because the 2 fields belong to 2 kinds of ticket. Can I duplicate the workflow and apply for these 2 kinds of them. One with the validator for Solution Design Estimate and one with validator for Solution Overview Estimate? 

Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2022

Hi @Tien Nguyen ,

you can also add a context to the custom field in configuration of the custom field. That the field is only used in a specific issue type.

See the text about context in your screendump.

Regards, Marco

Hi @Marco Brundel ,

I will try your way and let you know later. Have a nice weekend!

Like Marco Brundel likes this
Tien Nguyen January 10, 2022

@Marco Brundel I've tried your method and it's working well. Thank you so much!

Like Marco Brundel likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events