Cannot edit issue type from icon

jbuseman June 7, 2022

I have a project with three screens all linked back to a single issue type screen schema. There's the default, a bug report specific screen ( and screen schema ), and a new feature specific screen ( and screen schema ).

For the bug report I can click the icon on an issue and it opens the move page to move from bug report to another issue type. 

For the new feature when I hover over the icon it says "you cannot edit this issue type in this project". I can however open the three dots menu and select move to move the issue to a different type.

Everything I can find says this should work the same for the new feature as it does for the bug report. Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

Hey @jbuseman  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Are there different workflows associated with each issue type? You will see that by looking at the Workflow Scheme. 

jbuseman June 7, 2022

Nope, same workflow for the whole project as far as I can see. I was looking at creating a new workflow, but never published it.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

Okay, let's step back for a minute. What type of project is this? 

And can you share a screenshot of the Workflow Scheme? 

jbuseman June 7, 2022

It's a software development board. All very basic really which is why I've changing some things around.

image.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2022

That's the actually workflow. Can you share the scheme? It will look something like this:

screenshot.png

jbuseman June 7, 2022

image.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2022

Thanks for sharing. And all of the issues on the screens are in the same project? 

jbuseman June 7, 2022

That is correct.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2022

If you go into the Configure Screen function for the Feature screen - is the Issue Type field on the Configure Screen? 

Like # people like this
jbuseman June 7, 2022

You sir are awesome. That was what I was missing. Thank you!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2022

You are too kind. I don't feel very awesome - I should have thought of that sooner!  haha. And you are very welcome. 

Like jbuseman likes this
Zaldy Parian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2023

Hi @John Funk  - i know this post is from last year, but I'm also having the same issue as @jbuseman . 

In my case, we are using JSM. And I could not find the Configure Screen from Project settings > Features on the left panel. What is available to me are:

- Work categories
- Operations
- Issue view

Can you please guide me on this?

Thanks,

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin