Cannot download App from the Marketplace for free using open-source license

Zuzanna Perkowska July 23, 2021

Hey, 

I wanted to download an app from Marketplace which normally cost, but I read it here https://developer.atlassian.com/platform/marketplace/app-discount-programs/#which-marketplace-apps-are-eligible- that if my organization has the open-source license I don't have to pay anything for that. 

Is that true, or am I doing something wrong? 

ThanksZrzut ekranu 2021-07-23 o 15.21.08.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2021

Hi @Zuzanna Perkowska ,

If your organization has already requested an Open Source subscription for Atlassian Cloud and been granted open source status, any apps on your site paid via Atlassian will become free after the trial period ends. In the meanwhile, you will see the default message mentioning that billing will start after the trial ends, along with the date the trial runs until. You should not need to enter billing information or take other action if the open source status has already been granted on your site.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Zuzanna Perkowska July 26, 2021

Hi @Daniel Eads 

Love to hear that. 

Thank you for the response,

Zuzanna

Like Daniel Eads likes this
0 votes
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2021

and others require Marketplace Partners to opt-in or opt-out at the app level.

maybe you can create a vendor ticket

Suggest an answer