Can we create a project, add or remove users from sites using scriptrunner for cloud ?

Vijay Khairnar August 12, 2020

Can we get a help document to write custom scripts ?

Also on the steps on how we are going to execute such scripts for the addon which we have installed. Scriptrunner for JIRA.

1 answer

0 votes
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2020

HI Vijay,

Thank you for your response.

I can confirm we have received your question through our support portal but I have cross posted my response below so other users with the same question can see it here.

I can confirm that it is not possible to achieve your requirement of Bulk activating users and deactivating users with ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud.

The reason for this is that ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud can only use the public Rest API's which Atlassian provide and mark as being able to be used by apps inside of Jira Cloud.

Unfortunately, the Create User API and Delete User API which you would need to use to achieve this requirement are marked as Apps cannot access this REST resource. which means ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud cannot use these API's and due to this, it means your requirement is not possible with ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud.

I understand this response is frustrating but please understand that Atlassian does not provide the Rest API's to achieve your requirements inside of Jira Cloud  as API's which can be used by ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud can only use the Public Rest API's which Atlassian provides for Jira Cloud and mark as being allowed to be used by apps.

Finally, as for your requirement of creating a project, I can confirm you can do this by creating a Script Console script which calls the Create Project rest API and I can confirm we have an example of how to call this script here that you can use as a reference guide to help create the script that you require.

Regards,

Kristian

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events