Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can't transition to status with "All statuses can transition" set on Active Sprint Board

This just started happening in a workflow that hasn't changed recently. I have 2 statuses set to "All statuses can transition"; Needs Info and Closed. Today in scrum, I discovered that when I try to drag a ticket from anywhere that doesn't have an explicit transition to Closed, I get the Needs Info transition screen. If I open the ticket details, I can select Close from the workflow options. I double checked my Columns in the board settings and there are no unmapped statuses. 

Has anyone else experienced this? Or found a workaround besides opening the ticket details? 

TIA!

Kathy 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

I figured out what's going on. It's lag using cloud Jira that we didn't experience on server before we migrated a few months ago. If I wait 15-30 seconds after dragging to the intermediate status and then try to drag the ticket over, I get the correct options for that column. Before that, Jira seems to still think it's in the original status. 

Hello @Kathy Barton 

Are Needs Info and Closed mapped to the same column?

No, they each have their own dedicated column. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Do you use Jira Cloud with Microsoft Teams?

Hi, Jira users! Do you use Jira alongside Microsoft Teams? We want to hear how you’ve used the power of Jira Cloud and Microsoft Teams (via the Jira Cloud for Microsoft Teams app) to achieve a team...

521 views 1 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you