Can't successfully insert people’s names into people fields on next-gen project

Ivory Chia February 1, 2021

Hello all, I've created a next-gen project for my team and added a people field as a custom field. However, when I try to insert people's name into this field, the system keeps showing "no options". 

Any solutions? Thanks! 

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2021

So if you begin to type a person’s name nothing is displayed by auto-complete? Be sure to try this with a person you are sure is in the project. You cannot add names of people that don’t have project access. If you can make the person the assignee they should be available for the custom people field.

Ivory Chia February 23, 2021

Yes, I'm sure I try this with a person in the project. However the person's name still doesn't displayed by auto-complete...

Wenwen Zhang April 11, 2022

I have the same issue, people available in assignee and reporter fields , but I added one custom people field, this field can't be filled out with anything 

Like garudy likes this
garudy March 9, 2023

I also am having this issue. The "people" field does not display any names, names that do indeed show up in the default Jira-fields of "assignee", etc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events