Can not find one user

Jim Kleefman December 15, 2020

I have one user in Jira that I can no longer assign issues too or find using '@'. I used to be able to assign things to this user. Some others can see the persons name in 'Assignee' etc. but some others can not and the user can assign theirself to issues.

I have tried rebooting, using a different browser (in case it was a caching issue), logging out and back into JIRA?

Any suggestions?

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2020

verify that the user is in fact part of the project in question. Be sure that you are comparing apples to apples when you say other can assign to the user. Same project?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2020

ok thanks for the reply...keeping my responses w/in this thread for readability. So if I understand the issue seems to be specific to you, correct? Moreover, you can mention or assign to other just not this one person?

Sorry - yes I hadn't seen the 'Reply' button the 1st time.

Yes I can mention or assign to others. Some other people are having the same issue as I am with this one user, but other people have said they can find him.  He can also assign himself to issues. Also, Iin the past I have been able to assign or mention the user.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2020

I cannot understand why you cannot assign an issue to this one person if indeed someone else can. If no one could then the most likely cause would be that person is not in a group/role covered by the "Assignable user" permission. I would definitely check that. 

you might check this query out and observe the results

project = abcd and assignee = userxxx or reporter = userxxx or watcher = userxxx

just trying to see if userxxx is in anyway associated w/ any issue in the project.

Short of this I would defer to Atlassian Support to investigate.

The user is associated and issigbed to issues. In issue history, I can see that I assigned him an issue as late as November 19. That's what is really causing the head scratching

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2020

it would be interesting to see if you can move an existing issue from being assigned to him to Unassigned and then try to assign it back. If not I would definitely reach out to Support.

Jim Kleefman December 16, 2020

This is getting stranger and stranger. If I go into a ticket that is already assigned to the user within the project, I can go to a comment field and start a mention and his name pops up. But if I go to the assignee field on the same ticket, his name does not appear in the drop down, even though he is already assigned to the ticket.

I'm starting to think it is the ghost of Christmas past, but just in case thats not true, I'm going to see what Atlassion support can do for me

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 16, 2020

and you are absoletely sure that this user has "Assignable user" permissions?? might be worth trying what i illustrate below "any logged in user"

assignable.png

0 votes

The user is in the project and others that can see the user in the lists are in the same project as well

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events