Can not create new issue type

supriya deshmukh May 31, 2022

Currently in my project we use Epic, bug, Incident and story as issue types. I am trying to create new issue type for task or sub task. I have administrator permission for Jira. I can not see create issue type option anywhere. The only available  option is edit/delete issue type. Can someone help?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2022

Hi @supriya deshmukh ,

is your project a company manged or team managed project?

If it is a company managed one you, as JIRA Admin, need to update the related issue type scheme (https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/what-are-issue-type-schemes/) otherwise as project admin (not JIRA Admin) you cann add a new issue type following this guide https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/set-up-issue-types-in-team-managed-projects/

Hope this helps,

Fabio

supriya deshmukh May 31, 2022

@Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_  mine is company managed project. Thanks I am trying to update issue types for my project.

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2022

you're welcome @supriya deshmukh 

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 31, 2022

Hi Supriya,

What type of project are you using? If Company-managed, then go to Settings (gear icon) > Issues > Issue Type Schemes. 

Search for the Issue Type Scheme used by your project and edit it to add the Task and/or Sub-task issue types. 

Be sure to save it!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events