Can not close issues via Opsgenie integration

Mason Pan May 25, 2022

Hi Team,

I have got this issue whie forwarding the closed alarm at JIRA from Opsgenie:

"Could not send [closeIssue] action to Jira [JiraSoftware]. Reason: 400 Bad Request: [{"errorMessages":[],"errors":{"resolution":"Field 'resolution' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."}}]"

Alert creation is happening well:When alert is created at Opsgenie, an issue wil be created at JIRA.

However when alert is closed at Opsgenie, this will not Close the alert at JIRA.

Can you please advise.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2022

Hi Mason,

I came across a feature request that seems to be related here, please see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/OPSGENIE-521

The error message being generated here is Jira responding that that it is unable to set the resolution field here.  There are a couple of causes for that error.  One is that the workflow might not allow your to call the Done transition from a specific state.  Another is that the project in Jira might have changed what is the final status/resolution for a completed issue. 

It's difficult to say for sure what the cause here is without more information.  I would recommend referring back to the base document in Integrate Opsgenie with Jira Software Cloud.  And if that is insufficient to resolve, you might need to reach out to your site-admin in order to request that they create a support case with our support team so we can investigate further.

Andy

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events