Can multiple projects be connected to a single/same confluence space?

jay March 21, 2023

I have 2 projects current that are part of a wider product portfolio. It makes sense that both projects are connected to the same confluence space and a lot of the knowledge/documentation is shared.

When I go to connect one of my projects to the already existing confluence space it doesn't appear in the drop down list.

Is there something I'm doing wrong or it this not possible?

Thanks,
Jay

2 answers

0 votes
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2023

Hi @jay ,

Welcome to the community !!

There is no restriction to connect one confluence space into two different jira projects.  

Delete the existing links are try re-adding them. 

Below screenshot shows same space linked to different jira projects

image.png

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2023

@jay ,

1. Are you able to view the spaces directly ? Check if any permissions are changed. 

2. Delete the existing links are try re-adding them

jay March 21, 2023

Hi @Rilwan Ahmed 

I can view the spaces directly but I cant locate the space through the Jira project when I go to add. 

I type in the field "search confluence" for my space but no returns.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2023

Hi @jay , welcome to the community.

If you click on "project pages" in the sidebar, and then click on the icon with the opposing arrows you should be able to choose a Confluence space that you wish to connect to. Please try to do this in your two projects. Does this achieve your goal?

jay March 21, 2023

Hi @Jack Brickey & @Rilwan Ahmed , 

Thanks for your quick reply. I have tried that, however none of my existing confluence pages appear even though I have an existing space/page.

Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 12.17.29.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2023

hmmm, I'm going to need to play with this a bit. I have never attempted previously but I think it should work so I must be doing something wrong.

I did go into Confluence into the space settings and integrations and set up a link to some test projects. I was thinking that would be the missing piece. However, when I go back into the Jira projects that I created links to I still do not find the space. I will ping you back here. Once I find something and should you find an answer please do the same.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2023

I found this reference - enable-and-disable-pages and in there I see this...

Connect to a different Confluence space or page

Jira projects can only be connected to one space or page at a time. When you connect a space or page, all its child pages will be visible in project pages.

That says that only one space/page per project but does not preclude using the same space/page on multiple projects (I think). That is, I would think the following is true...

Jira:Space/page...

N:1 is valid

but

1:N is invalid

more research required to prove/disprove.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events