Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Can issues on multiple software projects be rolled up to a single business project?

I am empowering my teams to leverage Jira more on an everyday basis and so far they have been very supportive with this initiative. Each team has a software project for their department (some Team-Managed and some Company-Managed). 

Currently our upper management is asking for a better view of the work and they really like the Business Project layout more than the Software Project ones. I have been manually creating tasks on our IT Teams' Jira's as well as creating them on our overarching business project for tracking purposes. It is a pretty tedious manual entry that I foresee getting worse as we continue to scale.

Ideally I would like to be able to create issues only once for our teams on their individual Software Projects and have those different issues roll up to a Business Project where the information can be shown more clearly to our upper management. Is there a way to customize this? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

You can try to use automation to duplicate issues from one project to another but I wouldn't recommend it - changes to the original issues would have to copied as well to the duplicated one and it may be tricky.

There is no other way to do it - in company-managed projects you could try to achieve this using multiple boards with custom boards but in team-managed projects they are not customizable.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,924 views 37 49
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you