Can I use a Scrum template and share settings with an existing project in a Classic Project

Michelle Biggy November 5, 2019

We would like to run a project using the "Scrum" template but use our custom workflow that we normally apply by "Share settings with an existing project". I've managed to create a project with either but if I try to apply both - it defaults to the "Share settings..." format.

If I select just the "Scrum"template - I get a very basic default workflow.

Is there a way to modify the Scrum workflow?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2019

You can always create the workflow that fits your needs, apply it to existing projects and the share it to new projects you create using one of those projects as a template

Michelle Biggy November 5, 2019

Hi thanks,

Yes, that's how we've created our preferred workflow that we "Share" - the problem seems to be when I create a project with Scrum template and also "share" the project settings. I seems I can't have both.

Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2019

Sounds like you are trying to use your workflow for some issue types and the scrum one for others. You must assign each of them on the workflow scheme.

You can use one workflow on multiple issue types but issue types can have a single workflow assigned to it.

Is this what you need?

Michelle Biggy November 7, 2019

Thanks.

Suggest an answer