Can I set a project workflow default without using the clone button?

Ashley Stone May 30, 2022

I am using the Jira Projects tab.  On my "Board" I want to be able to create a new item with the same child issues.  Currently we use the clone option, but have to unlink the two each time and change the child issue names to remove "CLONE" from the front of them.  Is there a way to set a default project flow without using the clone button?

2 answers

1 vote
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 2, 2022

Welcome to the community, @Ashley Stone.

I am Marlene from codefortynine.

If you're looking for a flexible solution, you can try our app Deep Clone for Jira.

With our app you have more flexibility in which fields you want to clone and which not. To speed up recurring cloning actions, you can create presets with predefined cloning settings.

deep-clone-jira_single-clone-dialog2.png

1 vote
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2022

Hi Ashley,

The clone option would be the way if you want to copy a ticket.

If you want to remove the clone prefix all together, you can follow the post:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-Server-questions/How-can-I-disable-clone-sub-task-prefix/qaq-p/70118

If you want like clone templates or other customization with cloning, then you may want o look into an add-on.

Here's one called deep clone:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218652/deep-clone-for-jira?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

Might be worth looking further into if it solves your use cases and other ones as well.

-Ben

Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 2, 2022

Oh sorry, @Benjamin I've just seen that you've already mentioned Deep Clone for Jira. Should've added my answer below your post :) 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events