Can I create an issue from a task so it is automatically linked?

Mark Comerford January 14, 2014

I'm using Jira OnDemand and want to know if its possible to create an issue from a task or another issue so that the link is created automatically.

This functionality appears to be possible if I create an Epic. From within an Epic there is an option to add issues to the Epic, so the link is created automatically. I would like to be able to do this from any task or issue. So what I'd like to be able to do is create a 'New Feature' issue and then from this issue create any bugs that are associated with this feature.

I know from within any task or issue I can choose to select 'Link' from the More menu but this requires that the issue has already been created. I just want to make it as easy as possible for people to enter issues against a certain feature.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2014

It is not possible in onDemand. Links from Epic is a functionality provided by JIRA Agile plugin and it doesn't support any other linking similar to that.

The feature you are asking needs customizations and such customizations are not allowed in onDemand.

Suggest an answer