CSV Bulk Importer User Name Error

kdarlow July 6, 2021

Hello,

I am having an issue with the Bulk Import/Creation of issues in Jira.

I am setting up a CSV file for bulk issue importing (this is a repeatable process for which we need to create 87 similar issues on a repeatable basis), however I always get a mismatch error when I try to have the tickets pre-assigned to users.

For example, my user name is @kdarlow and when I try to use the bulk uploader, it tells me that this user does not exist.  In the csv file, it says kdarlow (exactly as my user name appears when I mention myself in Jira).

Any help in resolving this would be appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2021

Are you using your full email as defined in the user details?

kdarlow July 6, 2021

I am not.  When I type "@(user name)" I've been adding exactly that into my excel sheet.  I also confirmed that the formatting of the "@(user name)" is the same, because my starting point was exporting the tickets my team created to the first CSV.

Also interestingly enough, I looked through the profiles of the members I invited to both this project (and the Jira site) and only my email seems to appear...maybe this is hidden for privacy.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2021

I have never used anything other than the users email address. That has always been successful for me. 

kdarlow July 6, 2021

Where are you inputting the email address?

When I invited the others to the Jira site, I used an email for sure.

Suggest an answer