Bulk import custom field values - Adaptavist Scriptrunner

Kim P September 23, 2020

Is Adaptavist ScriptRunner still a viable solution for Bulk importing of custom field values? I found documentation on this process(built in script), however, it is not available to me in my version of Scriptrunner on Jira Cloud.  I tried doing the CSV import hack but it didn't work. Have about 1,500 values I need to import.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2020

Hi Kim,

Thank you for your question.

I can confirm that the same built-in scripts which the server contains are currently not possible inside of ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud.

The reason for this is due to the fact there are some significant differences between ScriptRunner for Cloud vs Server based on restrictions within the Atlassian Cloud platform as described inside of the documentation page here.

Currently, Atlassian does not provide enough of the REST APIs that we need in order to implement the same built-in Scripts that the server version of the add-on includes and you can see the built-in scripts which are currently included inside of the documentation page here.

Unfortunately, this means that we are unable to provide the same built in scripts between the server and cloud versions of the add ons and that the cloud version does not have the same built in script for bulk importing custom field values.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Kristian

Kim P September 24, 2020

Hi Kristian,

Appreciate the reply and information.  It does answer my question but unfortunately doesn't provide much help.  I'll keep searching for a solution as it is simply not feasible to manually add this many values to a select list field and I'm certain I'm not the only user with this need.  Perhaps I'll further troubleshoot the CSV import hack/option. 

Thanks again for the reply!

Faisal Parvez Mohammed July 5, 2022

Hi Kristian 
were you able to figure out any other solution to bulk import custom field values ?
I have a similar issue.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Faisal

Steve Hodson July 17, 2022

Hi Kim, Faisal,

I'm also interested to know if either of you found a solution to this? 

Thanks

Steve

Tyler Tyler May 18, 2023

I also am looking for a bulk load of custom field options, and was sad to learn that the ScriptRunner add-on doesn't have many scripts after all. 

As of 5/18/23, only 3 scripts are available under "Built-in Scripts"

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events