Bug - Opening actions menu using period types the period into the search field as well

JanK June 14, 2021

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open an Issue

2. Press period (.) key

Expected: The actions menu is opened, with focus in the search field, which is empty, and I can see all available actions.

Actual: The actions menu is opened, with focus in the search field, however the field is not empty and only a single action is visible. A period is present in the input field instead:

period.png

This is very confusing, it appears as if "Add Draw.io Diagram" was the only action available, thus rendering the shortcut completely useless. I only figured out after about a week and completely by accident, that by also pressing the backspace key, thus deleting the period, reveals all actions that are available.

Browser: Firefox 89

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2021

Hi @JanK

I remember a few users that reported it for Firefox and there is indeed a report on a Sub-Task on jira.atlassian.com: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-71827
Direct comment from Svante you can find here.

I am unsure if this will be seen in a list of comments. Probably it would be better to raise a new bug on jira.atlassian.com for this. I was not able to identify a separate one on this.

I'd suggest to check with with support team https://support.atlassian.com/ - probably the comment in JRACLOUD-71827 suffices.

Regards,
Daniel

JanK June 22, 2021

Hi Daniel,

thanks for the info.

Seems that the issue has been fixed now (Jun 22).

Regards,

Jan

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2021

confused...

if you press "." after opening an issue you are presented with options you can take on that issue. i don't understand the purpose if entering "." in the search box in your diagram.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2021

if you remove the "." you will see other options. the draw.io is shown since it has a "."

JanK June 14, 2021

I press "." in the issue view and the dialog is opened with "." already typed in it, without me typing it.

Perhaps a GIF will make it more clear:

period.gif

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 14, 2021

I cannot reproduce that. Try a different browser.

Like delmario likes this
delmario
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2021

I agree with Jack.  Works for me.  I'm using Chrome.  
I did try Firefox and could replicate it.  Pressing "." in an issue on Firefox and the popup window now contains a "." that I must delete before the other options show up.

Like Jack Brickey likes this
JanK June 14, 2021

Yes, this does happen in Firefox. Switching to a different browser is hardly a solution. This is simply a bug that needs to be reported and fixed.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events