BigPicture PM Box Configuration Alignment to Gantt

MA February 17, 2021

Hi,

Is there anyway to align a box start and end date in BigPicture PM with the start date of the first task (issue) and the end date of the last task (issue) within the gantt (schedule)?

Thanks

MA

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 18, 2021

Hi @MA

Currently, there is a possibility to adjust the start and end dates of the task assigned to a Box (or sub-Box) so that they start and finish within the Box period (Precise Alignment or Smart Adjustment).

However, in the coming release BigPicture 8.1, we are going to introduce scheduling automation that should be the answer to your needs. It will allow a Box period to be automatically calculated based on the periods of all the tasks in the scope.

Please have a look at the planned feature. Please note that it is best to open it in the incognito tab of your browser.

Let me know if you have further questions.

MA February 18, 2021

Thanks @Anna-BigPicture 

This is exactly my use case.

Can I vote for this new feature?

Like Anna-BigPicture likes this
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 19, 2021

Hi @MA

I am glad that the suggested feature will meet your expectation.

Please note, that voting is important in the initial phase when we gather customer feedback to get the overall idea of what the demand for such compatibility is.

The good news is that the development works on the feature were already completed and currently, it's waiting for the release. We are planning to introduce BigPicture 8.1 on the Marketplace in the coming months.

Like Deleted user likes this
MA June 27, 2021

Hi @Anna-BigPicture ,

Is there anyway that we can view a BigPicture release schedule for bug fixes and new features.  I have had a look through the BigPicture wiki and the Jira instance and can see the relevant Jira issue set to Done with a fix version.  The bit I can't see is when the fix version is planned for release (and therefore available for users).

Can you advise?

Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
June 28, 2021

Hi @MA

I am sorry to say that I don't have the possibility to publicly share the BigPicture releases schedule with you.

However, as you noticed, the detailed information on the status & fix versions of a bug or feature request tickets are available a ticket itself. Please just provide me with a relevant ticket number or a fixed version, and I will share the planned release date with you.

In addition, please be informed that the next scheduled release is BigPicture 8.1, and it will be released this coming days. Check our overview page for more details.

@MAif something stays unclear or you have matters you want to ask for, I will gladly complete my reply.

MA June 29, 2021

Thanks @Anna-BigPicture  - It looks like the feature discussed in this thread is included in BigPicture 8.1 as per the overview provided.  It would be good if the BigPicture 8.1 overview was made more prominent on your website, as without your link, I doubt I would have found it.  Maybe it should be front and centre under the BigPicture product section.

The specific feature is referenced above, but for clarity, here it is Box start/end dates can result from its scope ("Auto scope-based" period mode)

Do you have the release date for this?

Thanks again

Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
June 30, 2021

You are welcome @MA!

Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding the visibility of the Big Picture 8.1 overview page. Indeed, we plan to expose the information once version 8.1 is available on the Marketplace. 

The feature:  Box start/end dates can result from its scope ("Auto scope-based" period mode) will also be released in BigPicture 8.1 :) As you can see, the upcoming version will bring significant improvements. 

Tag me if only you have further questions! 
Have a nice day. 

MA June 30, 2021

Only one more question @Anna-BigPicture 

Do you have the release date for 8.1 that you can share?

You did say in a previous comment that it will be released incoming days, but that's not really a date..... :)

Also you did mention that you could share the planned release date of the feature that I am particularly interested in.  Yes I am keen for this feature.

Thanks in advance.

Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
July 1, 2021

Hi @MA 

I actually have good news :) Today we started the upgrade of our cloud-hosted clients to the BigPicture 8.1 version. Both features we talked about in previous posts are included in this version.

So please keep an eye on your instance!

If you'd like me to check if you've already been upgraded, please write a message providing me with your base URL via our Service Desk.

Like MA likes this
MA July 8, 2021

Thanks @Anna-BigPicture .  Is there something that I can check on my instance that will tell me if we are on 8.1?  Maybe an about page or similar within the instance itself?

If not, let me know and I will log a ticket.

Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
July 12, 2021

Hi @MA

Ony our agents may check the current version of your instance, so please raise a ticket (don't forget to provide your base URL). 

I'm sure that BigPicture Team will quickly verify the situation and provide you the answer. 

Have a nice day.

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2021

@MA 

You can just add a milestone.  

https://softwareplant.com/jira-milestone-marker/

MA February 18, 2021

Thanks @Brant Schroeder 

But what I am trying to do is to automtically adjust the start and end dates on the box configuration to align with the first and last tasks in the gantt rather than just have a milestone to show the project end date in the gantt chart.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events