Big Picture - Pausing on-going tasks

Kulgaurav May 17, 2022

Hi team, 

we've started using Big Picture for our project scheduling and resource management recently and I've been trying to understand how to pause an on-going Jira tasks if a resource is out of action due to personal leave or has been moved from task 1 to an ad-hoc task 3. 

Is there an efficient way of pushing the pending work on that task out by a couple of days/ weeks/ months  

Also, is there a way to move issues out if a resource is out on a sick leave, I tried through via the BigPicture --> Admin --> Resource Manager  path but when a leave is entered it does not show up on resources tab under a portfolio or a program, please note we use Tempo timesheets for timekeeping

Capture.JPG

@Anna-BigPicture  Could you please advise a better solution 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 23, 2022

Hi @Kulgaurav

Indeed, to pause an ongoing task during resource unavailability, you should use Resource Manager (which also works with Tempo integration). Please bear in mind that these changes may be reflected with delay. 

Moreover, a resource can self-report an absence in My Profile >> Manage Absences (check here). This will be made even easier in the upcoming release, and adding absence will be possible by right-clicking on the Resources module.

Feel free to tag me if you have more questions. 

Suggest an answer