Best Plug-in for recurring tickets

Nick Pizzurro May 24, 2022

My team is making the transition onto Jira and our usual work mainly consists of weekly/monthly reporting. Due to the nature of these reports we would like a way to automate these tickets. We want something where we could have a ticket reverted back to the "to do" phase and be assigned again automatically each week so that the person will get a notification about the task. What plug in would be best for something like this? any ideas are appreciated.

4 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2022

You do not need an app for this, Jira comes with automation that you can use to set up a rule that creates your tasks on a schedule.

Thanks Mikael, Checking this out now.

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2022

@Nick Pizzurro 

If you are just using the same issues over and over again you could technically use automation to perform the reset function.  This would be difficult to track historically and truly understand what got completed week to week and month to month.   Not knowing more about your business process there are some apps you could use that would create reoccurring issues each week.  https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=cloud&product=jira&query=recurring You could also create an automation that would create all the issues each week when it is initiated.  It could be as simple as someone creating the initial issue.  So lots of different options.

Thank you so much Brant, I really appreciate you taking the time to explain all of this.

1 vote
Karyna Tyrnavska _SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 20, 2022

Hi, @Nick Pizzurro !

I have some suggestions that were developed by my team.

• If you want to get a checklist inside Jira task and get a one-page detailed report about task complications, try out Recurring Checklists and Report add-on. 
    image.png
  • And if you need to get approval workflow, streamline business processes in team, choose Business Process Manager. This plug-in allows automating business processes, setting approver step and other features.

image.png
1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 27, 2022

Hi @Nick Pizzurro 

I just published an article on how to create a Recurring Need in Cloud without any plug-ins. 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Creating-a-Flexible-Recurring-Need-Issue/ba-p/2040862#M6570

I hope you find it helpful. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events