Behavior of Custom filed (required/Optional)

Abdullah Hawa June 23, 2022

Hello,

I have a (Company managed) project with the custom fields, and it is mapping with screens.

These fields are required for all issue types at the project.

I need a new issue type for this project, with the same issue screens; but need to set the custom fields as optional, not required.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2022

Hi Abdullah - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Go ahead and add your new issue type to the issue type scheme for the project. 

Then add a new Field Configuration for the new Issue Type in the Field Configuration Scheme. Here is more guidance on how to do that.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-issue-field-configurations/

Actually,

I created a new issue type and assigned it to the target project.

Then, created a new screen by copying the current one. >> After that add a screen scheme.

Now, Just I need to make some of my custom files optional at this screen for this issue type only!!

Already this screen asks for all custom fields; as it is required at the screen I was copied from it.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2022

You can only control if the fields are required on the screens by changing the Field Configuration for the project. 

Would you please provide me with steps, or articles that help with this configuration?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2022

It is the original link above in my first answer. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events