Stanislav Novokhatko July 13, 2021

Search Issues -> More -> Epic Name  

The goal is to filter all issues (subtasks) by epic

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2021

Hi @Stanislav Novokhatko , I'm not quite following you here can you please elaborate? Are you trying to construct a JQL filter in the advanced search screen?

Also, is this a CMP or TMP project/issues that we are dealing with here?

Stanislav Novokhatko July 13, 2021

Hello and thank you for your help. 

It says that it is Team Managed Software Project

I'm trying to use advanced search in Issues section. 

My issues structure is: 

• Epic 1
    • Task 1
    • Task 2 
      • Subtask 1
      • Subtask 2
  • Epic 2
    • Task 3
      • Subtask 3

My goal is to get all list of subtasks for Epic 1 (excluding Sabtask 3 that is dadicated to Epic 2) 

Is there any chance to filter them in that way? As far as I see by searching all subtasks and tasks the column sections for Epic name and Color are not working for some reason. 

jira-epic-bug.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2021

So the epic name and color as well as the epic link fields or actually associated with CMP projects. For TMP projects you use Parent for the epic context, project = xxx and parent = epic-1. However this will only return the tasks not the subtasks. To the best of my knowledge you cannot retrieve a full list of the issues under an epic i.e. Including the sub tasks.

Suggest an answer