Automation Trigger for simple automation is not working

Paisley November 29, 2021

All of the automation rules I have created, have stopped. To test, I created a simple automation rule for when any issue transitions from Code Review to Ready for QA, a comment will be added.

Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 9.39.38 PM.png

Unfortunately, when I actually create a ticket, then make the above transitions, the automation is not triggered. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 9.43.25 PM.png

I checked the transition's post-function and it fires a Generic event.

I also checked the status site: https://jira-software.status.atlassian.com/ and nothing seems to be wrong. 

I've created rules before, and they worked and not they have stopped. I am kind of at a loss here. 

Please help!

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2021

Interesting. I assume it isn’t possible that the rule is associated with a different project than that of the test issue?

Paisley November 30, 2021

nope. So I tried everything again this morning and it worked. I checked the previous night's tries and it looks like everything was very delayed. When the trigger happened, the automation came through like 20+ minutes later. Odd. 

Like Jack Brickey likes this
0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2021

Hi @Paisley  - maybe check the box that allows other rules to execute it - just as a test. 

Whenever something doesn't fire for me, it is usually one of two things - it's on a different project as Jack says. Or another rule is firing first. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events