Automation Emails Incomplete List

Fred September 12, 2022

We have an automation that looks up and emails a set of issues. The query returns over ~120 issues, though the email never contains more than 100.

Our product plan is premium, and I don't see that we're breaching any service limits. What might the issue be?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2022

Hello @Fred

Thank you for reaching out.

Can you please provide us with a screenshot of your automation?

Without further investigation, the only thing I think that might be causing your issue is that you have possibly flagged the option to "Only include issues that have changed since the last time this rule executed", so the automation might not be considering all the issues returned by the JQL query:

Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 4.44.39 PM.png

Please, provide us with the automation screenshot if that suggestion didn't work for you.

Fred September 13, 2022

Howdy! It's not an option on the lookup.Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 3.06.17 PM.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2022

I notice that it says there in the description of the action "Search for up to 100 issues..."

I never noticed that limitation before. I'm guessing that is the culprit. 

I think you may have to break the rule down to use multiple lookup actions and split the Statuses across those actions to get lists of less than 100 issues.

Like Petter Gonçalves likes this
Fred September 13, 2022

Wow, I never noticed that before either. That sounds like the issue then. Thanks for pointing that out!

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2022

Good catch @Trudy Claspill

:) 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders