Automate add subtasks to subtask

Gustavo Juarez May 19, 2021

I'm trying to create an "onboarding issue" using the template adding substask like this:

IT Onboarding

---Create email account

HR Onboarding

--Benefits

So far I've been able to create IT and HR onboarding subtasks, but can I add subtasks to those?

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2021

Hi @Gustavo Juarez 

Look at this post

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfoliocloud/configuring-and-exposing-the-hierarchy-levels-828785179.html

The sub-tasks is the last hierarchy level of the jira issues

Cheers

How about "definition of done"?

something like this?

Screenshot 2021-05-19 154132-jira.jpg

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2021

That has nothing to do with the question about sub-tasks, and is missing a question in itself.  What do you mean by "how about definition of done"?  Can you explain what that has to do with sub-tasks?

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- What I mean is if in order to accomplish what I originally posted, could I use "definition of done"? since I was able to add by hand a TODO item.

Thank you.

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2021

What are you looking to get done?  You were asking about sub-tasks of sub-tasks and I'm not sure what you mean by "definition of done?" or how it relates to the original question.

Like John Funk likes this

thank you @Vero Rivas 

Like # people like this
1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 19, 2021

No, sub-tasks cannot have sub-tasks.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events