Automate add and remove labels base on rules - nextgen

Uma Sanjeevi November 26, 2020

Hi

Is it possible to add labels to cards automatically base on some rules and remove the labels as well base on some rules ?

For example - in nextgen, label is the only way I can play as filter query .. so when a card is in a column, I want to be able to add the status of the column as the label and 

when the card to another column - remove the label and add the appropriate status label 

Is this possible ? 

thanks

Uma 

1 answer

0 votes
Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2020

Hello,

Yes, I think that this is possible using an Automation rule (more information here if needed).

However, I would rather recommend you tu use a Classic project instead of using a Next-Gen one, in order to be able to request directly on what you want instead of using a complicated Workaround.

Let me know if it helped,

Guilhem

Uma Sanjeevi November 27, 2020

I have used the classic project before 

I need the roadmap and few things in the nextgen 

I will check the automation link 

thanks 

Uma 

Uma Sanjeevi December 2, 2020

Hi Guilhem 

Have you tried the automation rule? i did set one up but doesn't seem to do what I am expecting it to do ...

JIRA Automation for Label - DeliveryBacklog.png

any help will be great.. thanks 

Tom Stratton August 6, 2021

I'm seeing that this use of automation REPLACES the existing labels rather than ADDING the new one :-(

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events