Attachment Button not showing in Comment Screen

Hizkeel Khan September 8, 2022

Hi,

I hope everyone is doing fine. Why there is no attachment button in the comment screen when user transitions from one status to another. 

The attachment option is showing in regular comment section. I really needs this functionality as my work is doubled. First, I have to comment then I have to go to that comment section and add attachment. 

I hope I have made my question clear. If Anyone can help, it would be great. 

I have attached two screenshots. The first one show is the comment screen when status is transitioned from one column to another. No option for attachment.

The second screenshot is normal comment section showing against each ticket. Attachment option is highlighted. 

Normal Comment Screen.png

2 answers

0 votes
Sakina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2022

hi,

Just add attachment field to your transaction screen.

0 votes
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2022

Hi @Hizkeel Khan ,

In the workflow, for the transition from A to B, you need to associate screen screen with the required fields like attachment etc. 

If the workflow transition is already associated with a screen, you need to just add the "attachment" field to it. 

image.png

Details in https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/map-a-screen-to-a-workflow-transition-in-jira-720634253.html

Hizkeel Khan September 8, 2022

Thank you for the answer. I have already done that. In the existing screen, I have added the option of attachment along with the comment screen but that doesn't solve my problem. This approach will show the attachment separately from the comment. I have attached the screenshot below: 

Attachment and Comment Screen.png

What I want is that I need to show the attachment in that comment box like it happens for the normal comment screen against the ticket. Below screenshot show what normal comment box can do:

comment and picture.png

I hope the questions is clear now. Please let me know if there's any possible solution. 

Looking Forward. 

Sakina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2022

hi, Can please try  to drag and drop your file in comment

Sakina
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2022

Check these there is a feature request to get this lack properly addressed in Jira:

Comment field on new issue view into the "transition screen" appear with the old issue view render 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events