Assigning colours to a context field

Dominic Callan May 31, 2021

I have created a context field for tasks on a next-gen board that identifies the specific department that has logged the task (Sales, Product etc).

There are 12 different depts. Is there a way to assign colours to each, so it is instantly visible to everyone when looking at the backlog which dept owns each task?

Otherwise this is not clear unless you open each task and check

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2021

@Dominic Callan  I don't think this is an available feature in Jira.

All the best,

Fadoua

Thanks @Fadoua . 

I have found an extension App that does what I want, using JQL to colour code certain criteria in the backlog. The app is called Color Cards.

Unfortunately however there is a problem with this app, it does all of this color-coding in a separate window, not within the JIRA application. So effectively, it is of no use to me.

I haven't been able to find any other third party apps to do this 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2021

@Dominic Callan 

you are confusing me little bit here. I was thinking you were trying to color a text box not a card.

Color Cards are available in Classic Projects without the need for any plugins. Under Board -> Configure 

Let me know if that's what you are looking for.

Best,

Fadoua

Apologies if I wasn't clear @Fadoua .

I want to colour code my backlog issues in our next-gen board. We've committed to a next-gen board and it is used a lot by the business, it would be a bit of work to switch back to classic, although I might have to.

In summary, i'd like each of the issues in my Backlog list to be colour coded, based on the previously mentioned criteria.

Cheers,

Dom

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 31, 2021

Definitely not suggesting you to switch to classic project. I was just sharing that the feature you are looking for does exist in Classic Projects. Let me check for Next-Gen then get back to you @Dominic Callan 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 31, 2021

@Dominic Callan 

Unfortunately it is not available for next gen projects yet.

You can vote here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17277

Best,

Fadoua

Thanks @Fadoua .

I've voted, and request my team does the same, however I think I'll need to move everyone back to the classic board.

Thanks for your help.

Dom

Like Fadoua likes this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 31, 2021

Best of luck @Dominic Callan !

Like Dominic Callan likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events