Advanced Roadmaps Sprint Capacity is not showing the right data for capacity

Samuel Vasquez March 20, 2023

I'm at the sprint capacity summary in Jira Advanced Roadmaps, but when I see the capacity allocation it is showing so much less than what it actually shows in Jira backlog. This is my scenario, It is showing that 60 hours out of 240 hour allocated were estimated but this is not the case, I've got more than 170 hours allocated. 

So I go to the capacity details and there are a lot of issues showing 0 hours allocated but when I click on them I can clearly see the original estimate field showing the right amount of time estimated. I know that the original estimate time field is the one that advanced roadmaps takes for hours allocation but is not taking it for some issues while for other it does. 

Any clues on this?

1 answer

0 votes
Magdalena Zhisheva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2023

Hi @Samuel Vasquez , 

Have you tried to log a time from the plan and see in which ticket's field it will be applied?

I just tried to do that and it turns out that it applies to Time remaining, so I guess that you need to log the time there, so you can have the capacity calculation

The original estimate store other calculation:

Screenshot 2023-04-07 at 11.45.23.png

Hope it helps!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders