Advanced Roadmap - Issue count progress bar not rolling up as anticipated

Allison Thompson August 24, 2022

Hello,

I'm trying to set up an Advanced Roadmap. I've created a hierarchy where we have

Goal -> Initiative -> Epic -> Task

I've added the `Progress (issue count)` field to track the progress. However, it's not rolling up as I expected. I can see the progress of every Task under an Epic, but when I get to Initiative, it only shows the progress of the Epics. By the time I get up to the Goals, it looks like nothing is happening, even though half of the tasks are complete (because no Initiative as a whole is finished yet). 

Is there a way to keep rolling up (summing) the number of issues contained within each hierarchical level? So that I can see the total progress on issues within every subsequent level and not just the progress of the next level? 

jira_adv_roadmap_progress_question.png

Thanks in advance!

3 answers

1 vote
Kelly Nezwek January 4, 2023

@Allison Thompson I don't have an answer, but I do have the same question as you and haven't found a way to show this!  Did you end up submitting a ticket to Atlassian Support, or did you find a way to show progress of all tasks at the top level of hierarchy?

Thanks!

0 votes
Jean Sandberg October 17, 2023

I wish I had an answer for you. I have the same question/issue. The way issue count roll up works right now is fairly useless.

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2022

Hello @Allison Thompson 

Welcome to the community. 

I don't work with Advanced Roadmaps currently, but my searching has not revealed any way to do that. You might want to reach out to Atlassian Support directly to see if a change request for such a feature exists.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events