Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Admin Rights

Hello,

I was previously able to remove JIRA usage rights from employees when selecting "People" and navigating to "Manage Users" or similar. I don't see this option anymore and the person who set up my account mentioned he didn't change anything.

Did the page where JIRA licenses can be managed move to another menu?

Or did the entitlements system change and my admin would need to manually give me more admin entitlements for me to be able to manage our assigned licenses again?

Thanks,

Philipp

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @Philipp Staab , welcome to the Community!

The User Management portal is accessible by clicking on the cog/settings menu in the top right of your screen:

image.png

This menu is available with the Jira Administration permission and the Atlassian Admin section will become visible with either Site Administration or Org Administration permissions.

If you are not looking to change product access/licenses but rather just who can access which projects, this can be done in a project's settings page by one of the project's administrators.

Thank you for the swift reply. It's quite odd as this is not visible to me anymore but was before while the overarching admin here did not alter my Jira entitlements.

Can you let me know which entitlements need to be granted to me and where to find these options so I can send them to my admin?

Hey @Philipp Staab , at the least, you would need your admin to add you to the site-admins group. This will give you the option to make changes to the products installed under the instance you're accessing.

If your organization has multiple sites, and you need to configure changes to the org rather than the individual instances (things like authentication policies for example) you will need to be added as an Org Admin (by another Org Admin) which can be done as below:

Administration_OrgUser.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events